Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Penn State trustee voting guide

IT'S TIME TO HANG CHAD, FOLKS.

You have until May 2nd to vote.

I didn't wake up one morning and say "geez, we really need to replace these trustees. They have gone to great pains...or more precisely, inflicted great pain over nearly the last 17 months...that any reasonable person would see the logic of change.

So, here is your formula:


Any trustee in November, 2011.


Almost anyone else.

Any questions?

I make observations. I don't make endorsements.

Besides, an endorsement from me would be like a getting deck chair on the Titanic.

There are quite a few qualified candidates out there and organizations that have shown considerable interest in restoring our reputation and the dynamics of sound leadership...that can be trusted. Read their bios, get involved, make a statement.

I reread my previous posts to check for errors or to modify my position over time. Nothing comes to mind. Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. Individual trustees and the BOT as a whole have either made statements or commited acts that are a matter of public record...not something I make up to amuse myself. I just shine a little light on their actions. You may be shocked to learn that I have quite a few character flaws, so I will thank the BOT for this: every time they do something, or say something...I feel better about myself.
They all need to go.

Just spitballin'...but I will add this - I could put 30 of my favorite people on this board, but if they don't change policy and governace, it simply won't matter. There's no real transparency. There's no roll call. Nothing has changed in the last 17 months in spite of the rhetoric. Half of the trustees will be corrupted by the money, power and prestige...and the other half will succumb to the grind and futility of non-dissent. You can bet on that.

Step away from the calamity of social media and have a moment of clarity. Exercise your right...vote to make a difference.

Speaking of rights.
I would be remiss if I didn't take every opportunity to remind everyone that my main focus is Constitutional rights, due process and freedom of speech. We still have 3 respected members of our community awaiting trial: Spanier. Curley. Schultz.

I would find it refreshing if I saw even a fraction of compassion or support for their rights that I see for others. Support is not a declaration of guilt or innocence...it is simply the right thing to do. PA Attorney General Kane will have the final say on validity issues of the Freeh Report and any other subject related to these cases. Pay attention to the legal documents and analysts.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you mean any trustee before November 2011?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good point...I used a generic date.

      Delete
    2. Don't want to include Anthony and Ryan in here as they were elected in 2012

      Delete
  2. goes without saying...I'm pretty specific in previous posts about individuals.

    ReplyDelete